IEEE and DKE Host “Standardization: Living in smart cities of the future” workshop02. July 2012 | By: IEEE
Leading standards organizations join forces to explore smart grid technologies and applications enabled through globally relevant standards.
IEEE Standards Association (IEEE-SA) today announced the “Standardization: Living in smart cities of the future eWork, eMobility and Connecting to Smart Grids” workshop co-hosted with DKE German Commission for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies of DIN and VDE. Being held on the 10th of July 2012 at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, this exclusive event will provide practical information on home networking, next generation mobility, smart cities, and their integration with smart grids.
DKE and IEEE-SA are partnering for the first time to promote standardization among practicing engineers and other parties interested in learning about the cutting edge of technology development and its practical application through globally relevant standards.
The agenda features a cross-section of experts from DKE and IEEE-SA:
- Keynote: Dr. Bernhard Thies, Chairman of the Board of Directors, DKE Secretary of the German National Committee of IEC and CENELEC.
- Introduction of IEEE-SA and its Smart City Activities
- Building consensus across many technologies. Dr. John Kulick, Senior Staff Consultant Corporate Standards and Guidance, Siemens Corporate Technology, Siemens Corporation Vice-Chair, IEEE-SA Standards Board
- Trends in home networking and Smart Grid powerline communication technologies by Oleg Logvinov, Director Market Development, Industrial & Power Conversion Division, STMicroelectronics and Member IEEE-SA
- Introduction of DKE and its Smart City Activities
- Smart Grid meets Smart Building – how standards can help to bridge the gap by Dr. Rolf Apel, Manager Technology and Innovation, Siemens AG.
- IEEE-SA and DKE Perspectives on Next Generation Mobility and the Grid
- eMobility: standards and technology – trends, issues, and the future impact of electric vehicles by Paul Bishop, President & Chief Engineer, The Bishop Group and Chair, IEEE P2030.1™ Working Group.
- Standard Proposal for Resonant Inductive Charging of Electric Vehicles by Samuel Kiefer, CEO Keifermedia GmbH.
The workshop also features an interactive panel discussion and a tour of the new VDE Battery Test Center, which is included in the registration fee.
The DKE/IEEE-SA workshop will be held on 10th July 2012 at the Sheraton Offenbach Hotel, in Offenbach, Germany.