73 MW Thai PV plant nears completion; Sharp to provide maintenance services

Share

NED, a Thai power producer owned by Mitsubishi Corporation, will operate the plant, while Sharp has undertaken the construction work, which began last August. It is located in ThailandÂ’s Lop Buri Province.

The company will also deliver the thin film photovoltaic modules and other equipment needed for the project, which is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year.

According to information released, the plant will cover an area of 190 hectares. It is expected to generate enough energy to supply energy to 73,000 households, based on the calculation that the average daily electricity demand for each household is 1,431 kilowatt hours.

When finished, it will be one of the largest installations of its kind in the world. In terms of investment ratio, Sharp Thai Co. Ltd has put in 51 percent of the funds needed, while Sharp Corporation has stumped up the remaining 49 percent.

In a statement released, Sharp said, "In the future, SSMA will meet the needs for maintenance at mega-solar projects in Thailand and Asia, which are expected to grow in number in the coming years."

Popular content

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: editors@pv-magazine.com.

Share

Related content

Elsewhere on pv magazine...

Leave a Reply

Please be mindful of our community standards.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.

Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.

You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.

Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.