Cemig to install 5.6 MW of PV systems in Brazil


Alexandre Heringer Lisboa, project manager of Cemig, tells pv magazine the company aims to execute a 1.5 MW p project at Brazil’s Mineirão football stadium, in preparation of the Confederations Cup Brazil in 2013 and the World Cup in 2014.

The company is currently seeking EPC contractors to install the crystalline silicon system, which is scheduled to be online by this December 21. Heringer Lisboa says that almost all permits have been secured, including environmental licenses.

A second, 1.1 MWp photovoltaic project is also in the pipeline. Heringer Lisboa says Cemig aims to start the installation of the system at the Mineirinho Gymnasium "as soon as possible". Again, almost all of the required permits have been obtained.

Finally, the company is developing a three MWp photovoltaic plant in Sete Lagoas, a city near Belo Horizonte. An R&D project, it is being developed in partnership with Spain-based Solaria.

Heringer Lisboa adds, "Based on the costs of Pituaçu Stadium (0.4 MWp), in Salvador, Bahia, the cost of installed power is about R$14 per Watt peak (/Wp) or about US$7.37/Wp."

Overall, he says all the projects – part of the 2014 Minas Solar Project, whose aim is to install photovoltaic systems on the roofs of the buildings, which will form the infrastructure for the aforementioned football tournaments – will be installed between August and December 2012.

A budget of €12 million has been allocated to them; 80 percent of the funding will come from KfW Bankegrouppe, while Cemig will provide the remaining 20 percent.

Popular content

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: editors@pv-magazine.com.


Related content

Elsewhere on pv magazine...

Leave a Reply

Please be mindful of our community standards.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.

Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.

You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.

Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.