Skip to content

Saft

Big solar-plus-storage comes to Taiwan

Taiwanese module maker URE Corp is planning to link a 150 MW solar plant to a 15 MW/15 MWh storage facility.

Saft opens 480 MWh battery manufacturing hub in China

The company is answering the growing demand for storage systems in virtually all markets. China itself is on a steep trajectory to increase its deployment rate.

National lithium-ion battery supply chains ranked

Analysts at Bloomberg New Energy Finance have quantified the influence of markets around the world. The ranking supplies a snapshot of 25 countries and also offers a five-year outlook.

Battery manufacturing capacity set to increase fourfold to 1.3 TWh by 2030

Analysts at Wood Mackenzie have looked at plans for the incoming decade and concluded that about 119 manufacturing sites will be up and running by 2030. China currently sits firmly in the driving seat, with Asia Pacific comprising 80% of global manufacturing capacity, but Europe is catching up.

4

Total develops electric aircraft refuelling truck

The French oil and gas company will develop the vehicle with engineering compatriot Gaussin. Intended for the Airbus industrial site in Toulouse, the vehicle will be equipped with a lithium-ion battery made by Total subsidiary Saft and will be able to tow two 30-ton fuel tanks.

Saft, Tianneng plan 5.5 GWh lithium-ion venture in China

Saft, a subsidiary of French oil giant Total, is joining forces with Chinese storage specialist Tianneng to grow in China’s energy storage and EV markets. Tianneng will take a 60% stake in the newly created joint venture, with Saft holding the other 40%.

1

TEPCO reaffirms renewables commitment, vows to expand globally

The head of Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) has said that the Japanese company remains committed to renewables development, and has vowed to expand the regional utility’s business beyond its home market in the coming years.

1

Fortum commissions the biggest battery in Finland

Saft has provided a 2 MW lithium-ion battery for a Fortum power plant in Järvenpää, Finland. Fortum will receive a 30% subsidy from Finland’s government towards the €1.6 m cost of the project.

1

This website uses cookies to anonymously count visitor numbers. View our privacy policy.

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close