Discussion participantsGianluca Marri , Product Management, ABB Solar
Gianluca Pieralli, Product Management at ABB Solar for Latin American Markets
ModeratorsEmiliano Bellini, Editor, pv magazine
Michael Fuhs, Editor in Chief, pv magazine
Download presentationsPresentation of Gianluca Marri
The costs of installing electrical components in large-scale PV systems can be dramatically reduced with one simple concept, according to webinar partner, ABB Solar: Using higher power string inverters, with a modular design and integrated string combiners, that have positive effects both on CAPEX and OPEX.
In addition to implementing this concept, the company has expanded the voltage range for DC input and AC output. In the upcoming pv magazine webinar, Gianluca Marri, Product Management at ABB Solar, will discuss the new string inverters with 100 and 120 kW AC output power; how the concept works; and which costs positions during construction and during the lifetime of the plant can be reduced.
In practical terms, he will further address cost savings and system design without generator junction boxes. “Where we offer this new class of solar inverters, we expect it to gradually replace conventional string inverters with 50 or 60 kW AC for very large rooftop and utility scale systems,” he says.
Overall, the webinar will investigate in which situations the new high-performance string inverters are a better choice, compared to smaller models and central inverters.
A particular focus will be placed on Latin America. To this end, we invited Gianluca Pieralli, Product Management at ABB Solar for Latin American Markets, to participate in the conversation.
- Current trends in the inverter market, and the trend towards higher power inverters
- Presentation of ABB Solar’s inverter model, PVS-100/120-TL. According to ABB, these are the most powerful string inverters on the market
- Plant design and efficiency when using high power string inverters
- A comparison of balance of system costs for systems with 100/120 kW string inverters, and 50/60 kW string inverters
- System design without generator junction boxes
- Outlook: High-performance inverters in 1,500-volt systems
Questions can be submitted beforehand, at the registration, or during the webinar through a chat window. Emiliano Bellini, Editor, pv magazine, will host the webinar. We look forward to your participation!