Starting in 2011, pv magazine has published extensive tests on more than 20 leading PV modules, in collaboration with Solarpraxis and TÜV Rheinland, under the label PV+Test.
Now: pv magazine has updated the test for 2017, and is the first to offer comprehensive, independent module testing with an expert third party witness present at all stages of the testing.This is a first in the PV industry, which, up until now, has conducted testing by one party with no outside expert witnesses.The test will involve a comprehensive series of procedures, addressing the most important issues in module quality and performance, including the following:
- PID (Potential Induced Degradation) resistance
- Low irradiance and temperature behavior
- Outdoor test
- LID (Light Induced Degradation) resistance, especially relevant to PERC modules. (Optional)
The added value of pv magazine test:
- An economic way of demonstrating your reliability to investors
- Measurements performed in a 1st class laboratory in China
- Expert third-party witnessing of all testing procedures by Clean Energy Associates, a well-known advisory firm that has audited more than 125 manufacturers in the industry.
How does the test work?
Working alongside industry experts from CEA and Gsolar, pv magazine developed a comprehensive testing procedure to give the kind of detail required by pv investors and plant operators. The testing procedures are explained in this chart.
One key aspect is the random sampling method, which ensures that the modules being tested represent a cross-section of what is actually rolling off of a manufacturer’s production line. A more detailed explanation of the testing procedures, provided by CEA’s Director of Technology and Quality, George Touloupas will appear in the September edition of pv magazine, along with analysis of the first set of published results from Jolywood.
What you get from pv magazine test?
For you as a module manufacturer pv magazine test presents an ideal marketing opportunity to demonstrate the quality and reliability of your modules!
Boost your reputation
among investors by participating in pv magazine test!
Benefit from pv magazine’s international reach:
– Results will be published on the leading online sites in English, German, Chinese & Spanish
– Optional: receive customized print-outs to give directly to your customers.
Is this of interest to you?
For more details about pv magazine test, and to receive a quotation, please get in touch with: