Under the agreement, the warehouses – all located in the Milan area – will see PV systems installed: the expected annual energy production is 8.5 million kWh, says the company, which will be fed into the grid system, thus providing energy for around 4,200 citizens and comparable carbon dioxide savings of five million kg annually.
The project represents a special challenge as the warehouses feature are barrel vault rooftops, explained the spokesperson to pv magazine. This inspired company engineers to develop a custom made mounting system, which enabled the installation of PV systems on these kinds of roofs.
This special designed mounting system has great potential as it increase the number of roofs suitable for solar installations, commented Raymond Carlsen, CEO of Scatec Solar. For Scatec Solar, we see this as competitive advantage in our pursuit to become a world leader on solar PV roof top systems.
He added: We are very pleased to have been awarded the contract to fit solar PV systems onto the warehouse roofs in Italy. Large commercial rooftops will be increasingly important to the PV industry as areas for ground mounted parks will become scarce, and the agreement with Solar Life Energy confirms that our company is competitive also in the rooftop segment.
The company will have full EPC responsibilities for the project and the company will also be in charge of the operation and maintenance services for the completed systems.
Related Italian PV news:
- 9REN completes 80 million funding for five PV parks totalling 22 MW in Italy
- Yingli Green Energy Italia to expand distribution channels; sees great potential in Italian market
- Solarfun awarded two PV module contracts worth 12 MW in Italy
- S.A.G. Solarstrom AG to implement 48 MWp large-scale PV project in northern Italy
- SunPower and Solar Ventures to build three Italian solar parks totaling 11.1 MW
- M+W Group sets up 14.5 MW PV power station in Italy
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.