China’s Nari to build SunEdison’s 59 MW Philippine solar project


China-based Nari Group has signed an EPC contract to build the 59 MW Negros Solar Farm. Jointly developed by SunEdison and Aboitiz, it is expected to be one of the largest projects of its kind when complete in the first quarter of next year.

Located near San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, Php 3.5-billion (around US$75 million) is being invested in the project. According to an SEC filing on August 18 by Aboitiz Power, subsidiary, Aboitiz Renewables, Inc. created a joint venture company with SunEdison Philippines Helios BV, Maaraw Holdings San Carlos, Inc., to undertake the acquisition and development of the project. Aboitiz holds a 60% stake in Maaraw, while SunEdison holds the remaining 40%.

Last November, SunEdison and Aboitiz Power said they would jointly develop 300 MW of solar PV projects in the Philippines. At the time, SunEdison said the projects would be sold to a yieldco vehicle. It declined to mention which, however.

Popular content

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact:


Related content

Elsewhere on pv magazine...

Leave a Reply

Please be mindful of our community standards.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.

Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.

You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.

Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.