IBC Solar instals 2.4 MW rooftop self-consumption system in Holland

Share

The Dutch PV market is having its ups and downs, but large-scale projects on commercial rooftops seem to be doing just fine. The latest project to be connected to the grid, a 2.4 MW array developed by German company IBC Solar, is one of the largest around.

Installed on the rooftop of wood processing company, Plospan, in Waardenburg, the 2.4 MW system is the biggest PV installation in the province of Gelderland. The system comprises of 9,240 modules, which will meet all of the energy demands of the building.

Around 75% of the electricity generated by the system will be used by Plospan, with the other 25% being fed into the grid. As a self-consumption unit, the PV array will significantly reduce the company’s energy costs, resulting in a return on investment within 10 years. Commercial self-consumption in Holland involves the use of a single meter, which counts backwards during own consumption.

Many PV developers of large-scale projects in Holland have been looking towards commercial rooftops, as there is a lack of suitable and affordable sites available for ground-mounted PV plants. However, it can be difficult to find commercial rooftops for the projects, as the building’s owner must sign a contract a contract to purchase the energy generated beyond the 10 years that it will be purchased by SDE+-

The large-scale PV market in Holland has been stuttering as of late, due to a lack of success at the SDE+’s tendering rounds for renewable projects. The residential PV market is also in a state of flux, as a planned review of the country’s net metering program is on the horizon.

For a full review of the Dutch PV market, as well as all the big European markets, check out the June edition of pv magazine, which you can subscribe to here.

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: editors@pv-magazine.com.

Popular content

Elastocalorics could replace heat pumps, air conditioning systems

16 July 2024 Elastocalorics have the potential to replace current air conditioning and heating systems, offering significant energy savings when paired with techno...

Share

Leave a Reply

Please be mindful of our community standards.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.

Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.

You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.

Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.