Bifacial is the new buzz word in the PV industry. Bifacial modules enable the absorption of sunlight on the rear side, creating the potential for significant additional power production and lower levelized cost of energy (LCOE) compared to standard mono-facial modules.
Join our pv magazine webinar, along with our partner JinkoSolar, to find out how the impact of longevity and durability of solar panels can help protect solar investments. Moderated by Michael Fuhs, editor in Chief, the webinar will discuss the importance of high-quality components for the RoI of PV investments.
Michael will be joined by Andrea Viaro, Head of Technical Service Europe, JinkoSolar, together with Lucie Garreau, Technical Manager, from DuPont and Johanna Bonilla, Project manager, Analytics and Performance, from TÜV Rheinland to discuss the impact of bifacial modules on the LCOE of the projects.
Andrea Viaro will present the benefits of choosing the JinkoSolar bifacial modules for large-scale plants and present simulation results of yield gain expectations. Lucie Garreau will share the highlights from DuPont’s +1GW PV field surveys, the importance of adapting accelerated testing protocols to panel degradation mechanisms observed in the field and highlight the importance of backsheet innovation for bifacial panels, to help ensure long-term reliability and durability. TÜV Rheinland will briefly discuss the measurement procedures for bifacial PV modules from a recently released IEC IEC 60904-1-2, 2019 standard and will present test site results of bifacial and monofacial modules in order to compare energy yields.
Andrea Viaro and Lucie Garreau, will also present the newest innovation from JinkoSolar and DuPont, bifacial modules with DuPont™ Clear Tedlar® film- based backsheet, that has been developed out of the necessity to support the energy market transition from feed-in tariffs and governmental subsidies towards IPP/PPA schemes and grid parity scenario, which requires maximizing kWh yield and PV plant performance while limiting complexity.
Join this webinar and learn how to appraise the quality of PV modules by increasing the knowledge of key materials.
- Impact of bifacial modules on the LCOE of the project: calculation of the yield benefit for
different environmental conditions and installation types
- Reality check: not all panels are made equal – highlights from DuPont’s +1 GW PV field survey
- Innovation for bifacial panels, to help reduce weight, increase production yields and avoid PID related issues
- Adopting accelerated testing protocols that are better aligned with how materials and panels age in the field
- Measurement procedures for bifacial PV modules addressed in a new standard (IEC 60904-1-2, 2019)
- Energy yield comparison between bifacial and monofacial PV modules.