Household PV solutions for maximizing self-consumption using smart controls for heating and EV charging
The future residential energy supply is complex and challenging for installers: solar panels on the roof, battery storage nearby, and an electric vehicle in the garage. And, in 2021, energy management systems for smart control to maximize self-consumption, and the share of green electricity in households.
In this pv magazine Webinar, we will discuss with Robert van Keulen, Technical Manager from our webinar partner Growatt, the main challenges of such a system and products Growatt are offering to the market for maximum ROI. At the core of this system is a new hybrid inverter which allows connections to the PV array and the battery to the grid, but also to control EV charging, smart heaters, and other IoT devices when excess energy is available.
Additionally, Dr. Gautham Ram, assistant professor at researcher at Delft University of Technology has additional EV charging insights to present, including an introduction on different types of EV charging and explore the potential of a fully developed bi-directional smart charging system. This allows residential consumers to trade energy and grid services, elevating the household to a prosumer operation.
pv magazine Webinar content:
- Challenges of household PV system
- How to increase the share of solar energy used in the household
- Growatt hybrid storage system and how to realize solar controlled smart heating and EV charging
- Basics of EV charging (AC-charging, DC-charging, bidirectional charging, connectors, 1 phase & 3 phase charging)
- Outlook to the future of a fully developed bi-directional smart charging system and its technological and economic potential
Questions can be submitted beforehand or during the webinar through a chat window. Tristan Rayner, Editor at pv magazine, will be the moderator of this webinar, and Jonathan Gifford, Editor in Chief at pv magazine, will be the co-moderator.
Registration for this pv magazine Webinar is free of charge.