Indian energy companies sign agreement for 1 GW of floating solar


From pv magazine India

SJVN Green Energy, a unit of state-owned hydropower producer SJVN, has signed a memorandum of understanding with Assam Power Distribution Co. Ltd. (APDCL) to develop 1 GW of floating solar in the Indian state of Assam.

They will build the proposed project on wetlands, with an estimated investment of INR 6,000 crore ($728.54 million). The deal is part of a broader agreement between the two parties to develop renewable energy generation in the state.

“In days to come, the aim is reach 5 GW floating power project capacity as the actual agreement [with SJVN Green Energy] translates into reality,” said Himanta Biswa Sarma, chief minister of Assam.

Popular content

SJVN Green Energy will hold a 51% stake in the venture. APDCL will own the remaining 49%.

“Recently, the Assam govt signed another MoU with NLC Ltd for producing 1 GW of solar power. It has also received funding from the Asian Development Bank to generate another 1 GW of solar power in-house without any partner. The project will be developed by APDCL with funding support from ADB,” said Sarma.

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: