Canadian Solar Inc., one of the world’s largest solar power companies, announced today that its Corporate Social Responsibility report for the year 2015 is now available online.
The report reveals a commitment to social and environmental considerations that runs broad and deep. It was completed in line with the international standard for sustainability reports, the Global Reporting Initiative G4, and demonstrates the company’s firm commitment to making the difference.
Highlights of the 2015 report include:
· 51.6% annual increase in module sales
· $3.5 billion total revenue
· Top-3 market shares in Japan, India, Canada, USA, Central America and other territories
· Energy generation from company-owned PV plants increased by over 1,000%
· Water use per MW decreased by 23% since 2014
· Wastewater discharge per MW dropped by 35% since 2014
· CO2 needed per MW was reduced by 42% compared to 2012
· Named Canada’s Most Attractive Employer in the sixth annual Randstad Awards
· Ranked #1 for corporate social responsibility in Randstad Awards
· More than 6,300 staff members were trained in 2015, more than 70% of all employees
"Promoting sustainable development around the world is the mission of Canadian Solar as well as my personal quest. We not only want to be a socially responsible company, but also want our suppliers along the PV value chain to practice and promote sustainable development. Being one of the major PV industry players in the world with accumulative solar panel delivery exceeding 17 GW, we have taken corporate responsibility to the heart of our daily business operations to strengthen environmental sustainability, human resource and community development. This report is a testimony of that commitment," says Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar.
Canadian Solar’s sustainability report can be directly downloaded as PDF via http://www.canadiansolar.com/media/canadian_solar-csr_report_2015-web.pdf and is also available on the Canadian Solar website at http://www.canadiansolar.com/en/making-the-difference/foundations-for-a-sustainable-future.html.