2020 energy storage Europe special
This year, pv magazine brings forth another special edition in collaboration with the Energy Storage Europe trade fair and conference. Taking place March 10-12, 2020 in Düsseldorf, Germany, we have developed a new list of the top innovative solutions and projects in the energy storage market.
In this edition you will find:
- An interview with Andreas Moerke, the new executive team manager at Energy Storage Europe
- Discussion surrounding the move toward decarbonization across industry sectors
- 2020’s Highlights: We feature top innovations with five Gigawatt winners, five Megawatt winners, and a series of finalists that have been selected by our independent jury of analysts and experts
Be sure to attend pv magazine’s Insight panel session with our Gigawatt winners and expert jury at this year’s Energy Storage Europe.
2019 energy storage North America Special
In cooperation with Energy Storage North America (ESNA), which took place in San Diego, California from November 5-7 2019, pv magazine put together an Energy Storage special edition, covering the storage industry’s latest developments.
In the edition you’ll find:
- An in-depth look at how storage is transforming power grids across the United States
- Developments in how grids in the Caribbean that were damaged in hurricanes are now being rebuilt with storage for added resilience
- An overview of the cutting edge solutions and innovative companies on the show floor at ESNA
2019 energy storage Europe special
In cooperation with the Energy Storage Europe exhibition, held in Düsseldorf, Germany from March 13 to 15, 2019, pv magazine prepared an Energy Storage special publication.
In this edition you will find:
- 21 Highlights at Energy Storage Europe, From batteries to power electronics, power-to-gas, electric thermal storage, and standout projects, ranked by 6 industry experts and analysts
- Find the differences, CEA’s George Touloupas and storage expert Nicholas Ogilvie on the com- plex path from battery cell to battery energy storage system.
- Who offers what?, An overview of component manufacturers, system integrators, plant man- agers, and EPCs with a focus on systems from 30 kWh and up in Germany and Europe
You can also access our online database for medium and large scale storage.
2018 energy storage Europe special
We asked leading industry players, researchers – and ourselves – just what are the key questions that often go unanswered when it comes to storage?
The 30-page special issue tackles these questions, and sheds light on the shaded parts of the storage sector. Issues addressed include:
- Top 10 Innovations in Energy Storage: A jury of respected independent experts have reviewed and ranked the leading battery products, storage services and sector innovations for 2018. Who has taken top spot?
- Flexible sector coupling: An examination of how storage technology can prove its worth in delivering a more flexible electricity future.
- Lithium-ion vs. redox flow: While the former may be the more dominant technology currently, why is redox flow technology beginning to corner more market share?
- Production in Europe: Battery cell production at scale is dominated by Asia, but European ambitions are far from dead – and moves are afoot to scale up production across the continent.
- Large-scale storage and solar: Exploring the synergies – tapped and untapped – of collocating large-scale storage with solar power.
- Expert debate: A panel of respected storage experts gather to share their thoughts on a range of questions and topics concerning the energy storage industry.