Intersolar North America closes on a high16. July 2010 | Industry & Suppliers, Markets & Trends, Applications & Installations, Products, Top News | By: Jennifer Kho
As Intersolar North America drew to a close, analysts left the industry with upbeat forecasts for the solar market. "Things couldn't be better in 2010," Jefferies analyst Jesse Pichel told pv magazine.
"If I look at the first half of 2010, it was all negative news, and if I look to the second half - you never know what kind of surprises can come - but at this point, with Italy's subsidy, the Green Jobs Bill [in the U.S.], more loan guarantees and whatever China does, I think Q2 and Q3 numbers, and maybe even Q4, should be pretty good for all the solar companies."
Pichel is part of a team of four analysts – including smart-grid analyst Elaine Kwei – who recently moved from Piper Jaffray to Jefferies and launched coverage of 15 cleantech companies on Wednesday. In a report released that day, the team projects the global solar market will reach 12.9 gigawatts this year, up 78 percent from 2009, and will grow a modest 15 percent in 2011 and 26 percent in 2012.
Click on the following links to read more Intersolar North America pv magazine exclusives:
- Oerlikon Solar said it has cut its customers' costs to "well under" $1 per watt
- Sunlink buys Blue Oak PV Products news/details/beitrag/sunlink-expands-beyond-mounting-system-market-with-blue-oak-acquisition-_100000487/
- SolarNexus is to launch a new software platform aimed at saving solar installers time and money
- U.S. must be looked at as a long-term growth market
- Applied Quantum Technolog's first factory is up and running with an initial capacity of 10 megawatts
- SolFocus expects to account for half of all new CPV installations this year
- SoloPower, has begun shipping CIGS panels
- Solyndra is now producing 220-watt panels
- eIQ Energy plans to raise a new round of funding for its technology to boost solar-power production this year
Keep your finger firmly on the photovoltaic pulse: sign up for our daily newsletter
- 16509 views
- 4802 views
- 3958 views
- 3568 views
- 3366 views
Want to publish your press releases for free? Simply log in or register, enter the information you want to appear and we'll publish it for you!