Now Sunways has succeeded in producing the same cell in the standard six-inch format. The new cell is said to have improved yield in the long-wavelength part of the solar spectrum, giving it five percent more output. Sunways says its silicon solar cells currently have an efficiency of 19.1 percent.
19+ cell in standard format
Sunways has further developed its monocrystalline 19+ solar cell. Made with the screen-printing metallization process, the cell was previously only available in a size of five inches.
Keep up to date
Subscribe to our global magazine
- Residential storage solution with LG Chem battery, SolarEdge inverter
- Linking solar with energy storage and EV technologies
- Exclusive interview – Jinko Power on how it offered the world’s lowest solar power price
- SunPower to launch 625 W shingled module
- Temperature-based MPPT algorithm to improve PV system efficiency