On fixed-tilt, ground-mounted systems, SunPower will mount standard-efficiency solar panels, including SunPower Serengeti panels.
"Solar Ventures built its first photovoltaic plant in Piedmont in 2007, where we have experienced excellent community and administration support for solar park development, as well as good irradiance levels," said Michele Appendino, CEO and chairman of Solar Ventures. "We have therefore decided to focus our development efforts in this region, where we have other similar clusters of plants under construction this year.
"We are delighted to partner with Solar Ventures to deliver reliable, emission-free solar power to the community and continue the rapid expansion of the Italian solar market," added Mario Riello, EMEA sales director for SunPower Utility and Power Plants division.
Worldwide, SunPower has more than 550 MW of solar power systems installed or under contract, including more than 200 MW of operational power plants in Europe.
Related Italian PV news:
- 9REN completes 80 million funding for five PV parks totalling 22 MW in Italy
- Yingli Green Energy Italia to expand distribution channels; sees great potential in Italian market
- M+W Group sets up 14.5 MW PV power station in Italy
- Scatec Solar to install 7.2 MW of solar PV rooftop systems in Italy; barrel vault roofs present challenge
- Solarfun awarded two PV module contracts worth 12 MW in Italy
- S.A.G. Solarstrom AG to implement 48 MWp large-scale PV project in northern Italy
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.