Goldpoly eager to buy more solar plants in 2014


Goldpoly New Energy Holdings Limited looks set to continue its shopping spree in the new year following the acquisition of 180 MW of solar projects in China’s northwestern Qinghai Province.

Goldpoly CEO and Executive Director Alan Li said last week that the grid connection of the 180 MW solar power plants meant that Goldpoly had achieved grid connection of more than 400 MW of solar power plants in 2013.

"Thereby we have delivered our promise to shareholders," Li said. "Our team has been strengthening their efforts to work in collaboration with related parties to finalize the rest acquisitions."

Li said the company was actively seeking to acquire more solar power plants in 2014. "Leveraging on advantageous resources of our shareholder CMNE and our solid cooperation with other industry leaders, we are taking prudent steps towards the goal of building the most efficient and professional platform for operating solar power plants in PRC [China]."

Popular content

In December, Goldpoly and its shareholder company Renewable Energy Trade Board Corporation (EBOD) took over Chinese solar plant developer Changzhou Dinghui New Energy Company Limited, which developed the 180 MW projects in the Qinghai county of Gonghe, from former parent group Zhongli Talesun.

Goldpoly paid some $740,000 for a 45% stake in the company, with EBOD picking up the remaining 55% in Changzhou Dinghui for approximately $910,000.

Goldpoly and EBOD are part of the China Merchants New Energy Group.

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact:


Related content

Elsewhere on pv magazine...

Leave a Reply

Please be mindful of our community standards.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.

Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.

You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.

Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.