Alleviating battery storage growing pains through quality assurance
As solar has grown in popularity and deployment, those in the battery energy storage system (BESS) industry have been fortunate, being able to look at the rapid scaling that solar energy experienced, and learn from that resource’s success.
Unfortunately, the emerging BESS market also shares an unfortunate similarity with early solar energy deployment: a low level of manufacturing maturity leading to inconsistent quality. With many emerging players operating in the same space and vying for their market share, products are launched on the market and ramped up aggressively, even though some may still be at the stage of prototypes.
In this pv magazine Webinar, the quality assurance inspection body STS, will outline the key takeaways observed across more than 2 GW of inspected hardware, to provide an illustration of common areas of issue. The presentation will also include an overview of STS’ hierarchy of priorities, when it comes to assessing one’s own manufacturing processes for consistent quality.
Fluence, a global market leader in energy storage products, services, and digital applications for renewables and storage, will also join this webinar for the topic discussion.
pv magazine Webinar content:
- How and why the low level of manufacturing maturity in BESS is troublesome
- How this lack of maturity compares to and can be overcome in the same way that the solar industry did a decade ago
- Where it makes the most sense to put time and money into quality control and assurance
- The balance between quality assurance/control and risk mitigation
- Key takeaways from 2 GW+ of inspected product
Questions can be submitted beforehand or during the webinar through a chat window. Tim Sylvia from pv magazine USA will be the moderator of this webinar.
Registration for this pv magazine Webinar is free of charge.