In a statement, the company said: The future PV power plant will have an annual output of around 18,900 megawatt hours of electrical energy, and will therefore be able to provide some 6,000 households with environmentally friendly solar energy. Compared with electricity produced from coal, this will mean a saving of about 13,000 tones of carbon dioxide each year.
Together with planning and construction, M+W Group's scope of supply also includes support for official approvals that are already available. The property and project rights have been secured by the company for 20 years. Around 72,500 multicrystalline PV modules will be used across a 50-hectare area. Numerous grid-connected inverters will ensure that the direct current produced by the modules is converted into grid-connected alternating current, it concluded.
Related Italian PV news:
- 9REN completes 80 million funding for five PV parks totalling 22 MW in Italy
- Scatec Solar to install 7.2 MW of solar PV rooftop systems in Italy; barrel vault roofs present challenge
- Solarfun awarded two PV module contracts worth 12 MW in Italy
- S.A.G. Solarstrom AG to implement 48 MWp large-scale PV project in northern Italy
- SunPower and Solar Ventures to build three Italian solar parks totaling 11.1 MW
- Yingli Green Energy Italia to expand distribution channels; sees great potential in Italian market
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.