From pv magazine LatAm
Last week, Argentina's Chief of the Cabinet of Ministers, Luis Manzur, and the president of Argentinian oil and gas company Yacimientos Petrolíferos Fiscales (YPF), Pablo González, participated in the groundbreaking ceremony of a 300 MW solar plant in Bella Vista, in the Iglesia Department, in the country's northern region of San Juan.
The Parque Solar Zonda project is expected to be built in three 100 MW phases and to require a total surface of 300 hectares.
The construction of the first phase of the project should take 14 months and require an investment of $90 million.
The oil company recently issued a $63.4 million green bond with an interest rate of 5% and a maturity of 10 years to finance the project.
When built, the 300 MW solar facility will raise the share of renewables in the San Juan Province to 25% and will equal the capacity of Argentina's largest PV plant – the Cauchari solar project.
This project was selected by the Argentinian government in the first round of the RenovAr program and was financed with funds from the Chinese state-owned Export-Import Bank of China, and a $210 million bond issued by the province of Jujuy, where it is located. Argentinean energy provider Jemse owns an 80% stake in the project, with the remaining 20% split between Power China, Shanghai Electric and Talesun.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.