The first contract, signed with GranSolarGhella, SrL, will see the company supplying six MW of PV modules to southern Italy, which will be delivered in the second half of this year. The second contract was signed with T.R.Z. Tozzi Renewable Energy S.p.A., which is set to receive a further six MW of PV modules, to be delivered during the third quarter of this year to central Italy.
"Italy is the third largest solar power generation market in Europe and we’re excited to have already begun a number of installations in the country," said Andreas Liebheit, VP and managing director of Europe, Middle East and Africa for Solarfun. "We continue winning new customers outside of Germany, entering into new markets through satisfied customer service, innovative technology and reliable quality."
Dr. Peter Xie, president of Solarfun added: "We are pleased to have expanded our business in many major solar markets In 2010, we have further diversified our customer base by successfully penetrating into Italy, France and the United States markets through winning projects."
Related Italian PV news:
- 9REN completes 80 million funding for five PV parks totalling 22 MW in Italy
- Yingli Green Energy Italia to expand distribution channels; sees great potential in Italian market
- S.A.G. Solarstrom AG to implement 48 MWp large-scale PV project in northern Italy
- SunPower and Solar Ventures to build three Italian solar parks totaling 11.1 MW
- M+W Group sets up 14.5 MW PV power station in Italy
- Scatec Solar to install 7.2 MW of solar PV rooftop systems in Italy; barrel vault roofs present challenge