PLG Clean Energy secures 230 MW of solar licenses in India


PLG Clean Energy (PLGCE), a renewable independent power producer headquartered in India, has confirmed today that it has secured and won licenses to develop 230 MW of solar PV capacity in the country.

Having successfully secured the contracts via the Indian government’s reverse auction process, PLGCE will soon embark on developing three large-scale solar PV plants across the country.

The first is to be a 70 MW solar plant in the state of Maharashtra, developed via a strategic partnership with Suzlon Energy, with PLGCE holding a 49% share and Suzlon the remaining 51%. Completion date is penciled in for April 2017, and a power purchase agreement (PPA) for the clean energy produced onsite has been signed with the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).

Following this plant will be a 60 MW installation in Rajasthan, developed under the same terms and partnership as the Maharashtra plant, but with a PPA signed with India’s National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) – a state-owned utility. The Rajasthan plant is scheduled to be online by July 2017.

The third development announced by PLGCE is a 100 MW PV installation for Jharkhand, which will come online in December 2017 and sell its energy via a PPA to the government of Jharkhand. Once more, Suzlon Energy will act as EPC contractor and hold 51% of the plant’s ownership.

Beyond this burst of activity, PLGCE is working on a further 600 MW of solar PV capacity in India, and the company’s aim is to have 1 GW of PPAs signed by March 2017.

Popular content

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact:


Related content

Elsewhere on pv magazine...

Leave a Reply

Please be mindful of our community standards.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.

Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.

You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.

Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.