Swiss battery maker Leclanché has reported that a fire started in the lobby of its corporate headquarters at Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland. The fire was extinguished within two hours, the company said in a press release.
The accident, Leclanché went on to say, was caused by a a third party battery system in the lobby of Leclanché's office building. ”There were no Leclanché casualties and everyone in the building and the adjacent school was evacuated safely and quickly,” the company added.
The local fire department has cleared that the company’s production facilities are safe. The due process of checking for any potential contamination will be carried out over the next few days before business can be resumed in full, Leclanché stressed.
The company is now implementing its business continuity plan.
Around a year ago, Leclanché reported a fire at its German cell factory in Willstätt. The factory was temporarily closed, and production activities resumed in June.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.