GNE Development will use the funds to shore up its general working capital, according to a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange. The interest rate on the loan is 7.3% per annum.
In January, GCL-Poly Energy unveiled a number of solar O&M and leasing deals it had struck with various other companies in the group. It announced the agreements, which dated back to 2016, as part of disclosure requirements for a new share subscription by GCL New Energy, its Hong Kong-listed solar O&M subsidiary.
GCL System Integration Technology, a Shenzhen-listed PV module supplier, holds a 10.01% stake in GCL New Energy. Last year, GCL System Integration Technology finished building one of the largest commercial rooftop PV arrays in Israel. It installed the 200 kW system in Tlalim — a kibbutz in the southern part of the country — in cooperation with local developer Enerpoint.
Earlier this month, GCL System Integration Technology agreed to start a $930 million solar manufacturing venture in India with Japanese telecoms group, SoftBank. The two sides plan to set up a 4 GW solar production facility in the state of Andhra Pradesh. They will make solar ingots and wafers, as well as PV cells and modules. GCL System Integration Technology will take a 40% stake in the venture, while SoftBank will hold the remaining 60% interest.
The new Indian venture follows GCL System Integration Technology’s launch last July of a PV cell production facility in Vietnam. The company, in cooperation with local partner, Vina Solar, aims to crank out about 600 MW of solar cells per year, with more than half of that capacity to be devoted to the production of passivated emitter rear contact (PERC) solar cells.
Separately, the GCL-Poly group recently set up a new venture to open a 20 GW monocrystalline ingot factory in Qujing, in southwestern China’s Yunnan province. It will build the facility in cooperation with the local authorities, with the total investment expected to reach roughly $1.4 billion.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.