This year, we asked leading industry players, researchers – and ourselves – just what are the key questions that often go unanswered when it comes to storage? While people want to know about price and functionality, there are gaps and blind-spots in people’s knowledge on matters concerning battery chemistries, recycling concerns, and business models.
The 30-page special issue tackles these questions, and sheds light on the shaded parts of the storage sector. Issues addressed include:
· Top 10 Innovations in Energy Storage: A jury of respected independent experts have reviewed and ranked the leading battery products, storage services and sector innovations for 2018. Who has taken top spot?
· Flexible sector coupling: An examination of how storage technology can prove its worth in delivering a more flexible electricity future.
· Lithium-ion vs. redox flow: While the former may be the more dominant technology currently, why is redox flow technology beginning to corner more market share?
· Production in Europe: Battery cell production at scale is dominated by Asia, but European ambitions are far from dead – and moves are afoot to scale up production across the continent.
· Large-scale storage and solar: Exploring the synergies – tapped and untapped – of collocating large-scale storage with solar power.
· Expert debate: A panel of respected storage experts gather to share their thoughts on a range of questions and topics concerning the energy storage industry.
Download the special edition:
Videos from the show: